"slapping" noise around fender when turning back and forth

Hi,

I have a 2005 Toyota Celica. I hear a "slapping" noise when I swerve the car a bit. It sounds very much like a piece of hose smacking up against metal. It appears to be coming from the area around the front passenger side fender. I removed the plastic protector under the fender and found the hose that carries the windshield wiper fluid to the back window. Sure enough one (or more) of the clamps that secures it in place around the fender was gone. I threaded some cable ties through various holes to firmly secure the hose and figured I'd solved the problem. However, the noise is still there. I can not see anything else that could be producing this noise and am hoping someone here might have some advice about this.

Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Catrambone

torn CV boot? Mark

Reply to
Mark

Thank, I can check it. I sort of doubt that is the source though just given the location and "style" of noise.

Reply to
Richard Catrambone