Going to the market: handcart, cargo bike or car?

There are two option to leave the car behind and enjoy your community.

Handcart:

3_zpszu5vqxhv.jpg

Cargo Bike:

8_zpsmteqknh5.jpg

Oh sure, most people function on auto pilot and they just drive to the supe rmarket. Well, people perhaps don't want to get hurt riding a bike in traff ic or sidewalks. Others think walking a handcart make them look silly. But isn't it silly to drive a car for a few a blocks and then struggle with par king?

I know the cargo bike is my preferred choice. The bicycle pictured above ca rries perhaps twice as much as the handcart. Don't be a fool, leave your ca r for better tasks.

"The jungle has never been this much fun!"

7aKc/edit?usp=sharing

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In YOUR community, maybe. In mine, I have to roll the empty handcart almost

2 miles, and the full one needs to be wheeled further.

The best option is to go somewhere, then stop at the market on the way home. Something more than 90% of my trips to market are on the way home from somewhere else.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I have a supermarket 5 blocks aways and SOMETIMES I roll my cart. But I rather bike to the other one in the next community because it gives me a good riding distance of 2 miles. That's 4 miles R/T, around half an hour ride on back streets.

++++++++++++++++ So what?

Nobody cares where YOUR supermarket is. I only care where MY supermarket is.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Okay, I go without milk until I can swing by the store on my way home from other places. Big deal.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

SO f---ing what!?

If everybody lived close enough to ride a bike, then we would live in buildings where it takes 20 minutes to get to the ground floor. I'll keep my pool and cul-de-sac lot, and drive to the store when I need more groceries than can fit on the handlebars of a bicycle.

You're a f---ing idiot.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I live in a modest middle class neighborhood, and I don't give a shit about what others might or might not have.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You're a f---ing idiot! I have far more sidewalks on my streets than not. And, where there are no sidewalks is where the development has not come, and if there is no development then there are few if any pedestrians.

And, yes, I do care about the roads where I drive. I'm not sure how you arrive at anything different. You should pull your head out of your ass, there is much to see when you look around.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland