OT: E.Windosr CT woman banned from flying flag:

Woman ordered to remove flag from condo EAST WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) _ Even though she risks a fine of 25 dollars a day, a Connecticut woman says she has no intention of removing the American flag that flies outside her condominium.

Teresa Richard says it's a link to her son, who is serving in Afghanistan.

But the Stoughton Ridge Condominium Association in East Windsor says flying the flag violates ``common area'' rules.

The East Windsor Veterans Commission has written to Richard's condo association on her behalf. Commission chairman Warren Wenz says the American flag should be flown any place, any time, without restrictions.

The condo association adopted the rule in 2004. But one resident told The Hartford Courant that after he threatened to sue, the association didn't raise the issue with him again, and he continues to fly his flag on his front lawn.

Source: Copyright © 2006 The Associated Press

The Board of Directors at an East Windsor condo community is threatening to fine one its residents $25 a day if an American flag isn't removed from their property.

Theresa Richards, a resident of Stoughton Ridge Condo Community, recently put an American flag in her yard to show support for her son, a Connecticut Guardsman serving in Afghanistan.

A member of the board of directors told Eyewitness News that the board is asking Richards to remove her flag. Click here to find out more!

In January 2005, the condo association changed the rules and regulations governing what is and is not appropriate for a resident to have in their yard.

According to the association, residents can hang flags from poles attached to the front entrance, wood or trim or deck rails. The association said free-standing flag poles are banned. Residents that had stand-alone poles installed before the new regulations will be allowed to keep their flags.

"I think they've become little tin dictators. The power has gone to their head. I see no problem of flying the flag," said Gene Doering, Richards' neighbor, who has his own flag in his yard. "I mean, it's not hurting anything and it's the American flag. With all the people getting killed all over the world, you'd think people would take a second look at it."

Watch this link! This guy said it all. He will pay her $25 a day fine, saying that, "in an era where desecration of the flag is allowed, flying it is not?" (Paraphrased...)

Hachiroku

-----

I notified Sherwin-Williams just in case she didn't get prior approval for painting her living room.

Reply to
mark digital©

HAHAHA! did you see it on the link, or on Channel 22?

Reply to
Hachiroku

----- I heard a sound bite on 22 first. You'll note she's allowed to keep it but has to move the pole further away from the corner of her condo. *They* say it's to make it look nicer. *I* say it's to make it easier to mow around.

Reply to
mark digital©

Condo. Hmm, we need a con to make some dough.

Condo is just another way to get more rent faster into the hands of the owner. They should be banned and the person that invented them should be publicly horsewhipped up the length of Western Avenue in Chicago and down the entire length of Cicero Aveune in Chicago until you get to Kankakee. . . .

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Yeah, I saw. At least they finally backed down...after angering half of America!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The other half will be watching to see if she follows the proper code of displaying the American flag. Remember, it belongs to all of us.

Reply to
mark digital©