OT: For Cathy F

Joe is a typical idiot Lying Liberal from the Left that thinks if he keeps saying it, it must be so, irrespective of if it is truthful or not.

He's probably not smart enough to even WORK at a local McDonalds.

And I'm not the only one that's watched the public school system go FLUSH right down the drain since 1962. My brother is 7 years behind me in school, and my sister is 6 years behind that. By the time my brother got to high school he was being taught most things a year AFTER I had learned them. And my sister was a year behind THAT. And she was a 4.0 Straight A student, and bored to tears most of the time, like I was. It made my dad mad enough that I was 1-2 years behind where HE learned stuff in high school, and I was pretty close to a Straight-A student myself. I know one class I took in

11th grade used the SAME textbook he used in 9th grade for the same class (different edition, of course.) I know because I found it on our home library shelf one day, I'd never noticed it before. He had another high school textbook that I used the very same textbook in a course in my senior year of college, again different edition, same title.

So Joe, like Cathy, is just trying to cover over the fact that our public school system is, for the most part, a great train wreck, controlled mostly by the pointy heads at NEA and school boards that basically find ways to sweep any parental opposition under the rug and for the most part don't see that the NEA's theories are about as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Why does he think I put that quote from Pink Floyd at the start of this thread? Even Pink Floyd knows when the school system is full of it. But Joe and Cathy can't tell. because they'd then have to admit that their liberal polices for education were WRONG. Joe couldn't admit he was wrong if you pumped him full of truth serum. He and Cathy can't admit that the public school system is being shown up by private schools and charter schools, either. They think if they keep ignoring the truth that it will go away.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

So the kids can feel smart.

Reply to
Hachiroku

*YAWN*
Reply to
Hachiroku

That's OK! If studies indicate being PC creates no increase in learning or ability, then let's just drop it totally!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sounds like you are conscientious indeed. Very good. I think the teachers where my daughter went to school had trouble with Capitalization, IIRC...

;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Around here, it's only gotten more PC, added Gay Studies to First and Second grades, and gotten rid of Christmas, although celebrating Ramadan is perfectly OK.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Most excellent. However, a lot of teacher either preach that their way is Gospel Truth, or require the students to spit the dis-info on a test, etc.

Very happy to see not all do...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Except for the extra bits in math which I mentioned, eveything else (& more...) is in the NYS curriculum. They tell us what to teach, we need to teach it.

I think the teachers

That's your story... ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

This I can't even begin to believe.

and gotten rid of Christmas, although celebrating Ramadan

Hyperbole. Translation: the kids get to learn about other cultures besides their own.

My kids celebrated Christmas - at Christmas, & just learned about Ramadan, & are about to learn about Hanukkah (not many Jewish kids in my district). Note: they don't *celebrate* those holidays, but learn about their existence.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Same school you went to, obviously.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What if it has no effect at all on learning? Drop it anyway, because you say so?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I am quite sure you have never spoken to any of your children's teachers. You have never sat in any classes. You have never volunteered to do anything in the schools. You have never been to a school board meeting.

In high school, I had three teachers who would've challenged college seniors. I made sure that if my son's school had any teachers like this, he'd take classes with them. If you imagine any sort of liberal curriculum involved with the biology and physics classes he took, I want to hear what you imagine, and I want to hear it RIGHT NOW. No more spewing bile. I want to know what you imagine.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why should students be indoctrinated with what a teacher thinks?

What if your kid came home and said, "The teacher says that all people with spare bedrooms should open their homes to the homeless."?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'd say "That's an interesting idea, but not really practical because ......". But here, we talk to our kids, instead of slapping them, raping them, and then stuffing them in a closet.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's true. Attleboro, I think was a 'celebrated' case. 1st grade kid came home with a 'reading bag' with classics like "Daddy's Friend" and "Heather Has Two Mommies". Dad went to the school to complain and have his kid 'opted-out' of the 'program' and wanted a notification as to when these materials were being taught, the Principal refused and had the father arrested!

Reply to
Hachiroku

So, you're assuming this is done all over the place because of one known (to you, but I won't dispute it) case?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Well, that's a good thing.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Cathy, a lot of schools don't even touch briefly on statistics in their math courses. So for Hach, a sample of one probably sounds statistically relevant. For Charles, a sample of zero is huge.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It was because Dad was complaining about the lack of pictures in those books.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

"Son, do you understand the real meaning of these holidays?"

"Yes, Father. The most important lesson is maximize the cash value of the gifts!"

I was so proud of him that I placed his next bet at OTB without charging my usual commission.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly