Brighter headlights for '99 XLE

Hi,

Just bought a '99 XLE. The headlight output doesn't seem very bright to me, the plastic shroud appears clear, but the lamps just don't put out much light.

Without going crazy (PIAA), is there a recommended brand to deliver a good, but legal light output for these cars?

Thanks!

Norm

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
Father Guido

Sylvania Silverstars are a little brighter

Reply to
Car Guy

I too have a 99 XLE Camry and have a similar complaint on lighting. I have found from time to time removing and cleaning both sides of the shroud plus the headlight itself has helped a bit.

I often see vehicles approaching me with super brights and not high beams on but I find them very annoying for oncoming traffic.

I thought it was my eyes going but I have no trouble driving other vehicles with the low beams on and seeing well.

The Artful Codger Me - I am going to live just until I die.

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Check the headlight aim also.

Even after paying the Dealer to adjust, I found the only way I got satisfactory aim, was to adjust them myself. Also make sure the outside of the lens is clean -- Plexus plastic cleaner, or ordinary car wax -- many contain mild cleaning agents.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Thanks for the info Dan, I'll get some cleaner and try adjusting the beam too.

Norm

Reply to
Father Guido

Thanks, I'll try cleaning the bulb too.

Reply to
Father Guido

Thanks,

I'm going to trying cleaning the lens and bulb, then adjust the beam, if that still doesn't make much of a diff I'll try some Silverstars. Maybe my bulbs are just old and worn out?

Reply to
Father Guido

Reply to
Car Guy