`04 4-Runner Electrical Short

All,

I have a 2004 4-Runner that blew fuse 17 (Dome lights, vanity lights, trip computer, clock) this weekend on a trip from Dallas to Colorado Springs. When trying to replace the fuse, it immediately blows (dead short). I HATE looking for shorts and really don't want to take it to a dealer, so I'm posting out to the reflector to see if anyone else has had this issue. We were using the sun roof a lot (dome light wires) changed the clock twice, reset the trip meter lots (long freaking drive) and used the sun shades a lot (vanity lights) so basically it could be anywhere. I tried looking for a Chilton's manual today to see where I could start unplugging things and couldn't find one at my local library. Any help from all you gurus is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve Gerson

check under running board lights,check wiring especially since there expose to road debris and weather.this circuit is also connected to your fuse 17. good luck

"Steve Gerson" wrote: > All, > > I have a 2004 4-Runner that blew fuse 17 (Dome lights, vanity > lights, trip > computer, clock) this weekend on a trip from Dallas to > Colorado Springs. > When trying to replace the fuse, it immediately blows (dead > short). I HATE > looking for shorts and really don't want to take it to a > dealer, so I'm > posting out to the reflector to see if anyone else has had > this issue. We > were using the sun roof a lot (dome light wires) changed the > clock twice, > reset the trip meter lots (long freaking drive) and used the > sun shades a > lot (vanity lights) so basically it could be anywhere. I > tried looking for > a Chilton's manual today to see where I could start unplugging > things and > couldn't find one at my local library. Any help from all you > gurus is > GREATLY appreciated! > > Thanks, > > Steve

Reply to
waynes93jeep