HELP ! Window regulator on a '75 convertible

I am reposting an older question as I am still stuck with this problem: I own a 1975 VW convertible bettle, and the front left window regulator is broken (a rivet is broken). I have tried to disassemble the indide of the door, but I don't know how to remove the window regulator. Do I need to remove the glass ? How can I separate the regulator from the glass support ?

Any help would be appreciated !

P.S. the convertible regulators are different from the ones on regular sedan beetles; they are not the "snake"-type ones, but look like a cranted wheel.

Reply to
nicnic