1997 GTI 8V

Hello,

I think the Fuba antenna is dead on my 1997 GTI 8V. I get the classic dead amplifier symptoms, FM reception fine, AM reception terrible.

My question is: Is my Fuba amplified?

There is only one lead to the antenna, the coax. Does the 12v power source travel via the coax? I haven't pulled my radio yet to see if there is a separate 12v lead to the antenna, figured I'd check here first.

Thanks, Justin

Reply to
Justin