Polo exhaust rattle

Hi, For a while now my polo has been making an annoying rattle sound when the engine is running at around 2000rpm. I have found the noise to becoming from the exhaust rattling against the sump. I've checked the exhaust mounts and they seem fine? Is it possible the engine needs tuning?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Reply to
rich

How about exhaust manifold heat shield and timming belt idler pulley?

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares

It's definitely the exhaust as I temporarily put a bit of cardboard between the sump and the exhaust and the rattle went away.

Reply to
rich