vanagon syncro resources

hello folks,

i am the previous owner of 1975 and 1978 westys...i am in the market for a really nice late 80s, early 90s syncro westy. can anyone point me in the right direction for: value...estimated price, things to look out for, retailers to avoid, model problems, etc. my knowledge base is all in the aircooled world.

i wouldn't say that money is no object, however, i am looking for a vehicle that will lead me on many a long adventure and stay in my possession until the keys are pulled from my cold dead hand.

thanks in advance! missy:)

mtcolomboATgmail.com

Reply to
mtcolombo

Try Poptop Heaven. They have some for sale, should give you a good idea of what they are going for when in excellent condition.

*MYSTIC*
Reply to
Mystic

There's a vanagon newsgroup. Try there. But having owned a clean 84 vanagon gl I can tell you there's no such vanagon meeting your desires. The syncros have a expensive clutch in the center of the car that can cause much grief. Also the waterboxer has a reputation of leaky and bad cylinder heads. The transmissions have a gear that is prone to cracking. The Vanagon Westy is a marvel of space usage but the platorm is way past it's prime and was not too good when new. The subaru flat 6 seems to work well in vanagons.

Reply to
Jo Bo