Radio code help for 1996 Jetta

Can someone please help ? I just got a 1996 Jetta with an Anti Theft Radio and it is locked in "SAFE" mode. I have the 4 digit code for the radio, but I don't know how to get the radio in the correct mode to enter it. It's probably in the operator's manual, but I don't have one yet.

Thanks Steve

Reply to
STEPHEN RICCIONI

read here this may be your method.

Or this one maybe 1997 Volkswagen Passat Radio

  1. Turn on the radio. You should see the word safe.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold down the appropriate two buttons ("SEEK" and "
Reply to
dave

Dave;

Thanks so much for the code entry information. It worked great. I think the tricky part for some people is the 1 hour lockout period if wrong entries are made.

The radio seems to work great. I do have one question however. I can't get the fader and balance controls to work. These are both located on the bass and treble controls (which work fine). The fader and balance push in but I can't seem to adjust them by pushing any combination of buttons. What is the secret? Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
STEPHEN RICCIONI

Pull the shafts out toward you...

Good Luck

Tom G, Sr.

Name: T. & D. Gregor, Sr. E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@scenery.org Web-Site:

"The Scenery Hall of Fame" Subscribe to our Newsletter: snipped-for-privacy@topica.com

Reply to
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Thanks Tom ! The radio now works fine. The cassette portion doesn't work (probably a broken belt), but the radio sounds great and pulls in stations like my beloved Kenwood that I installed in my 1987 Jetta. If I feel the urge to play CDs , I'll go to Crutchfield again and find a nice new unit. Thanks again for your help. I know this VW forum is going to be very useful. Have a good week.

Reply to
STEPHEN RICCIONI