Starting problem

All, When I turn the key to start my 1984 Jetta GLI, it starts and runs fine. But as soon as I let the key go, it cuts off. I checked the black wire that goes to the number 15 terminal on my coil, and it has no voltage when the key is in the On position.

Basically, I have to leave the ignition switch in the 'Start' position for my car to run, which I havent been doing of course (lol). ANyone have any hints as to what may be wrong here???

paulbunyan

Reply to
John P White

Ignition switch dead... cheap part, a PITA to change :)

Reply to
Eduardo