2004 silverado stereo

stereo sounds good for stock (bose) but none of the controls work except off/on and volume. lights come but cd will not eject or ff or stop or nothing short of pliers to get out. quick fix or do I rip it out? thanks to anyone in advance. c

Reply to
cmb007

wire blown fuse?

Reply to
cmb007

Sounds like the board in it is fried, nnot worth fixing. Replacing it is not going to be cheap though, a factory unit is going to run about $700.00 brand new (dealer only) you might be able to find one in scrap yard or you go aftermarket. You say bose, but do you have on-star too? There is a special wire harness that is required for your year truck and depening on what other features you have will change the model and price. Send me an email at this address if you want and I can tell you all that you will need to go aftermarket, right down to model numbers...

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
cmb007

Nope, no chance a cable is unpluged, wouldn't have anything if that were the case.

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
cmb007

Send it out to an authorized GM Electronics service center.

They'll have it fixed and back in 48 hours.

You can find who the closest one to you is by, going to your local GM parts location, and you'll see a desk pad and a few calendars from "Such and Such Electronics".

The dealer will tack on about $50.00 to $100 just for sending it out.

Reply to
Refinish King