92 s10 v6 blazer that will not start

When trying to start this 92 s10 v6 chevy blazer it will turn over 1 time, but will not start and then when turning the ignition to try again there is a loud clunk sound. It will not turn over. My mechanic says that he didn't put it on a machine but it keeps locking up and he wouldn't put the money into to get a new motor. Could it be anything else? A new starter was just put on it. Thanks, Chris

Reply to
hughes1

Was it running before the new starter? If it was, the first thing I'd do is find a different mechanic to look at it. I'd guess it isn't the engine thats the problem.

Reply to
Advocate

Reply to
Shep

Yes it was running before the new starter was put on. Ok thanks.

Reply to
hughes1

Shade tree mechanic advice here.. Try to turn the engine over using a breaker bar or ratchet and socket using the crank nut.... Pulling the plugs out will make this a lot easier.... If it won't turn, ya got major problems

OOPS ...............someone's already suggested that..

Reply to
ken

I appreciate all help I can get. Thanks

Reply to
hughes1

We need alittle more info... Is the started engaging? Have you tried to do anything yet? What?? Doug

Reply to
Doug aka Skippy