'99 Silverado Heated Seat Switch...

Help, please. I think I have narrowed my problem down to the switch. It works fine...sometimes. If it is not working, I can usually bang the door with my fist...and it will work.

I need to know how to replace the switch. It is GM Part # 15032060. Do I just pop the switch out...or do I need to remove the door panel?

Thanks for your help.

Here is a picture of the switch assembly:

Autumn

You should be able to pop the switch out by pushing it to the right, then reach under the lip on the left side with a DULL thin blade to release the catch the springs out behind the door panel. ( If you don't have the "proper" tool a kitchen spatula works OK)

Reply to
Steve W.

Steve,

Thanks for the expert help. Sorry I have not got back to you sooner...family emergency. I will give it a go when I get back to where the truck is and report back how I do.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers!

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn

Steve,

So, I finally got the job done. Better late than never, eh?

Got the part, took the old one out of the door. Realized that I could not see the plug to unplug it...so I removed the window, door lock and mirror part from the arm rest. That revealed the plug. I removed the

7mm bolt so I could squeeze the old plug out and put the new plug in...and it works like new.

Thanks very much for all of your help, Steve. You are a terrific and helpful member of this newsgroup.

Cheers!

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn