Is he having a laff?

Swanning about

I quote - "The bracket are manufactured from aeronautical Aluminum 6061, therefore :

a. There is no corrosion."

Except of course where it comes into contact with mild steel, gets wet and there's a nice electrolytic action.....

But then being bolted to an outrigger and getting sprayed with water, salt etc., when its wet, there will be no chance of that...

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

You mean you take your landie out in the wet and worse in the wet with SALT! This is a designer product for a designer vehicle not one that's actually going to be used. Note also that the seller is in Israel, they do occasionally get a bit of snow in Jerusalem but it's a generally much hotter and drier country than good 'ole England.

Am I incorrect to think that the nuts and washers supplied are mild steel?

"6-8mm rust-proof stainless screws (conical head), including rust-free nuts and washers."

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Funny, stainless doesn't corrode either, and wouldn't stainless be a cheaper option?

Seems like a rip-off to me. I could get brackets like that made from

5083 or 6082 for a fraction of the price.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In article , Dave Liquorice writes

Well, they certainly start off rust-free... ;-)

How's it going with the insurance people? Did you get a decent agreement on the value etc.?

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Yes, posted a follow up:

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Made me laugh :-))

Reply to
SteveG

Thanks for all the responses folks. I just wanted a reality check. For the price he's asking plus delivery I'd want gold plated mud-flaps.

Reply to
Swanning about