Tires

I am using 265/75/16's.This is what the truck came with and calls for(1994 Silverado,K1500). I want to put on 285/75/16.How much will this change the accuracy of the speedometer??? Also what can I do to correct it if it changes it??

Thank You Doug.

PS. These questions I ask might seem simple or stupid to you,but You have to learn somewhere and I can not think of a better place than this newsgroup.You guys seem very professional and really know your stuff!!!!

My hats off to you and the Group

Reply to
Doug

Michael McNeil

I recalibrated my Vehicle Speed Sensor Buffer (VSSB) myself to correct actual reported vehicle speed. The site where I got my info has been removed but you can do a search and find other sites. I have a 1995 K1500 & use 235/85R/16 tires & my speedo was about 6 mph off. Altering the VSSB by removing jumpers & installing 2, 7 position DIP switches allows corrections for most all tire & axle changes. After this mod, I used a GPS unit to verify speedo - it's now perfect.

Reply to
Stephen Young