trany filter change??

4l80e on a 2001-3500 with 55000 miles. book saz change tranny fluid. Pan has a drain plug but I want to change the filter also.Qustion is when I take the pan off is the filter right where you can see it and change it without removing anything else. Also wont try to change oil in torque conv cause I dont know how to do it. Thanks for any help on this Larry
Reply to
LaRrY

Yes, the filter will come right down without removing anything but the bolts that hold it on. old john

Hello, LaRrY! You wrote on Fri, 20 Jan 2006 03:22:46 GMT:

L> 4l80e on a 2001-3500 with 55000 miles. book saz change tranny fluid. Pan L> has a drain plug but I want to change the filter also.Qustion is when I L> take the pan off is the filter right where you can see it and change it L> without removing anything else. Also wont try to change oil in torque L> conv cause I dont know how to do it. L> Thanks for any help on this L> Larry

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Don't forget to remove the o-ring seal that is around the tranny filter tube. Most likely it will slide off the tube when you remove the filter and remain in the journal the tube came out of. If you leave it in there and use the new o-ring as well, the pan may not fit back on properly and restrict oil pick-up. I wouldn't re-use it either.

Rockfish

Reply to
rockfish