92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns964F863C529DAjyanikkuanet@129.250.170.84:

Neither with the ones I'm familiar with.

Honda uses the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor, Pressure Air (ambient pressure) sensor, Intake Air Temperature sensor, and Throttle Angle sensor. These inputs to *estimate* air flow.

Most Toyotas use hot-wire air flow sensors. These are susceptible to damage from over-oiling of foam-element aftermarket air filters.

What are your symptoms?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Since when are Honda parts cheaper than Toyota parts? I thought it was just the opposite. I have had a Civic, two Corollas, and an Odyssey and never found anything cheaper on the Hondas. If anything it was the other way around.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns964F9622A236Ftegger@207.14.113.17:

I seem to be getting an annoying flat spot in the power curve,around

3,000rpm,where there was none right after the CAI installation. It's hard to describe. Maybe O2 sensor or gummed up injectors?

Car is a 94 GSR,,OBD-I,52K miles,had the ECU replaced after the original was stolen.(took 6 frigging weeks to get a new one from Acura) (that's when I got the CAI,too,after I got the car back from the dealer)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I purchased a leather/auto RSX back in 2003. The price you're quoting is better than what I got at the time, so from me I'd say that's pretty good.

As for the car, I have had no major issues with it. I immediately put in an Alpine CD player and Infinity speakers to upgrade the sound system and bought the rear cargo net and trunk liner off of eBay (the dealer charges too much for these, but I recommend both.)

The ride is tight and you can feel some bumps, but this is how it is with sports cars. If you want a plush ride you need to go for a Toyota Avalon or something like that. For general comfort I rate the seats about 7 out of 10. Of the two keyless-entry remotes I received at time of purchase, the buttons on the one I've been using are worn down and that seems a bit soon for me.

However, I've had absolutely no mechanical problems with the car and after two years there are still no rattles. I haven't had the problem with hydroplaning that someone else mentions. Handling in snow is very good, probably 8 out of 10.

Reply to
Raab Himself

I used to be able to get this great cleaner and conditioner from our local Acura dealer, but they quit carrying it. I have also used Saddle Soap and Mink Oil (shortly after I got the car) and a local leather shop (sells leather goods like boots and saddles and kits to create leather purses and wallets) and they had something that was almost exactly like the Acura Leather cleaner. I would not suggest trying to dye it, though other may not agree. If you get it in time, you may have to live with some of the cracking in the look, but it will keep the color and not crack any further. You will probably have to treat it several times to get it back in to shape. Posted by Rubber Dino

Reply to
Dino

Once, when I turned the ignition key to off, the radio stayed on. Also, I closed the rear hatch and locked the doors with the key fob and the radio turned on.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks,

Dave M.

Reply to
Dave M.

It's possible the connection to the accessory bus (the "ignition sense" wire) is not contacting well any more. We see this a lot in our 2-way radios at work when the installer doesn't make a good connection at the fuse block. The wire in our radios (and maybe yours) is looking not so much for the voltage but for the transition from voltage to not voltage, and being open allows them to do what they want.

If it's a factory installation I don't have any more advice, but if it is an aftermarket installation I'd advise looking at the connection where the radio is wired into the car. If they are those squeeze (parasite) connectors I recommend replacing all those buggers with something else... anything else.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I'm think about getting a TL in the next month or so. I've always bought American cars in the past where it's standard to walk in with the dealers cost and make an offer. Can you deal with an Acura dealer or is it a take it or leave it proposition? Will I get a better deal by buying the car though Costco or from some other online site?

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

I'll bet you are very close to the problem. I recently replaced the accessory fuse and radio fuse with the correct values. After the last problem with the radio coming on, I pushed on the fuses to make sure they were seated properly. The problem hasn't replicated itself after that. This might have nothing to do with it, but it's an intermittent and I'll post back to you in a little while.

Reply to
Dave M.

Hey, I have a 92 Acura Vigor GS (AT) that won?t start in park. It used to, of course, but after a while, I had to jiggle the trans shifter to get the ignition to start. Then, I eventually had to put the car into neutral to get it to start, and now it?s progressed to the point where I have to gently pull the shifter down from neutral towards drive before the ignition will hit. I heard it could be a Neutral Safety Switch, but any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Bigsmooth

I replaced the timing-belt and water-pump about a month ago. As of yesterday my oil pressure light comes on and stays on, after my car warms up. The thing is, it has oil and doesn?t overheat.

1990 acura integra Any help would be great.
Reply to
gilby

gilby wrote in news:1_579546 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

********************* Do not drive this vehicle until you are certain that the oil pressure is good. If you drive it and pressure is actually low, you will destroy the engine very quickly. A good replacement will cost at least $2,000, parts and labor. *********************

The fact that the light comes on only after the engine warms up is of real concern, as that is a sign of severely worn main bearings.

If you rev it to 3,000rpm when warm, does the light go off or begin flickering?

I am unable to find mention of an oil pressure relief valve in my manual, but on some vehicles, such a valve can stick open, preventing pressure from building up. This typically happens to neglected engines.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Bigsmooth wrote in news:1_579221 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

Does simply wiggling the ignition key (or pushing it in while wiggling) help at all?

If not, then your Neutral Start Safety Switch is probably out of adjustment or in need of replacement.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

What TeGGeR says - find out what the oil pressure is *really* doing before driving again. If you don't DIY, have it flatbedded to the shop. It may just be a bad oil pressure switch, but the stakes are way too high for that gamble. If you like, you can blindly replace the switch (with a genuine Acura part) at home and let it warm up, and see what happens. If the light stays out, all is well. If the light comes on, rely on a professional. Oil starvation is usually symptomless and is always catastrophic if ignored.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Everything I read tells me that the mast for the power antenna in a 1991 Integra should just lift out, once the retaining nut and bushing are removed. But mine won't move. I can give it a good tug, but it won't budge. I need to replace it, because the teeth on the original mast are worn.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Reply to
Brian E. Clark

Tire Recommendations?

Specifically, I have a 1.7 EL (2001) - and I'm thinking of replacing the tires soon. size is 195/60 R15. Currently, I have the Bridgestone

685's. I'm thinking of replacing them because I've driven through a LOT of nails and have had to seal a lot of nail punctures on the tires. and today, I finally got fed up when I had to seal another one - and noticed that ALL FOUR of my tires have had punctures.

The wife would feel more comfortable with new tires - but at the same time, we're on a tight budget. Do you guys have any recommendations on best tires for their price? (Best bang for the buck?)

Love to hear from you guys. I don't know about MotoMaster (for those in Canada) - I'm from Vancouver BC so I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.

Reply to
MooCow

Brian E. Clark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.comcast.giganews.com:

According to my factory manual, you remove the mast while extending it by turning the radio switch to ON.

Are you doing that, or just pulling on it?

See if this helps:

TeGGeR®

Not specifically, but in general my experience with soft high performance tires with low treadwear ratings (Goodyear Eagles and Bridgestone Potenzas) is that the soft tread compound picks road debris and punctures often. Our '02 Prius with Potenzas has had 4 punctures in the two years we have had it, more than our other three cars have had in the four years we've lived here. The Potenzas have a treadwear rating of 160... boo!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Best tire for the price?

I highly recommend Falken ZE-512 tires. Check out the tire ratings at

I had these tires on my '99 Integra and would definitely buy them again. BTW, I also live in Vancouver, BC and I bought the tires from Volko (on Marine Dr.) and I think KalTire also sells them.

Reply to
hippo

Reply to
B.Creech