92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Vlad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

1) The A/C fuses are: 12, 17, 20, 21, and 24. All of these are in the fuse box under the driver's kick panel. 2) There IS a clutch relay. If it fails, the clutch will not receive power.

Since most electrical problems in older cars result from bad wiring, bad grounds, and bad relays, start here:

There are grounds all over the place, and they are common to many components. If you are not experiencing problems with other electrical accessories, your grounds are fine.

Also, have you checked your sight glass to make sure you've got sufficient refrigerant? The sight glass is immediately outboard of the compressor.

Good luck.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

You are the pillar of this group. So much that I kept my fingers crossed hopping that you would see my cry for help. Thank you Regards Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Funny, my '91 Integra AC just died as well. I assumed it was out of coolant. I fear if I fill it up (if they still allow that refrigerant and it's not illegal &/or exorbitant) it won't last. Happened on my '83 Accord as well after about the same amount of time. Let us know what you find out and if you solve the problem. You are riding shotgun for me....Cheers

Reply to
zZero

A friend of mine, gave up after replacing the compressor 3 times. I can't remember if it's an Accord or a Prelude. If the problem is the compressor ... by by Integra. The clutch is also giving bad vibes. I can't complain. It has been very reliable. I may get another Acura

My Integra only has 80.000 miles. I'll let you know what I find.

Regards

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Not illegal, but definitely exorbitant. IIRC R-12 is running around $50/lb and your system will need a couple pounds if it is so low that the clutch isn't engaging at all any more. You can also look into conversion to R-134a.

More's the shame that the manufacturing ban was based on bogus science. The definitive study that determined stratospheric ozone depletion was caused mainly by sunlight (the NASA/NOAA "POLARIS" mission in 1997

came too late to stop the Montreal Protocol. Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I converted an old car to R134-a a year or two ago, and the cost was about $100 more than repair and refill of the R-12 system. I figured that after the next time that something went kerflooey it lost its coolant, I'd be ahead of the game. And I was. As I recall, the receiver/dryer and the fill/bleed connectors were the only parts that had to be replaced. Maybe some gaskets and seals. Then a flush and a refill with compressor oil and R-135a. I didn't need to replace the compressor but that may not be true in all cases. Currently, I think R-135a is $3 or $4 per pound.

Reply to
Dean Dark

I've had some of that trouble with my Michelin Pilots (two punctures in the past summer).

Reply to
Dave M.

I can still remember having cars w/o a/c. Not gonna fix it! Besides, my daughter takes this one to college in the Fall. Adversity is a great learning tool. It's got the moonroof and all. There is the defog issue however..My Integra has about 135K.

Reply to
zZero

I'm about to buy a new car in the next few weeks. I test drove a number of cars yesterday and I'm torn between the Chrysler 300C AWD and the Acura TL. Here are my impressions of the cars that I drove, listed in the order that I tried them.

Toyata Avalon. Good driving experience but nothing special, great gas mileage for a car this size. Horrible ergonomics, the CD player and NAV system use tilt out control panels. The user interface to the NAV system was the worst of any car I drove. To put a CD into the player involves having a front panel lift itself up and then having to reach over it. The UI issues are a deal breaker.

Toyota Camry. Driving experience not as good as the Avalon. Better Nav system then the Avalon. Not a particularly interesting car.

Chrysler 300C AWD. I drove a 300C last year but I'm afraid of owning a RWD car in New England, they now have a AWD version which is what I tried yesterday. The high on this car is the driving experience, it's in a completely different class then everything else I've driven. The handling is awesome, it's quiet and smooth and the performance is incredible, too good in fact, the acceleration is so quick and the feel is so smooth that you risk going to prison. With every other car I tried when I put my foot down a little (I didn't floor any of them) they jumped up to 80MPH and they got a little rough. When I touched the gas on the 300C I was at

100MPH and I only knew it because I was looking at the speedometer. The other high point is that it's comfortable, by far the most comfortable seat of any car I tried. The NAV system is better than the Avalon's but not as good as the TL's. It lacks a touch screen and uses a joy stick which I don't like. Unfortunately the 300C has some down sides. One is the looks, it's a pimp car there are no two ways about that. Another is the visibility which is very poor towards the rear and mediocre in the other directions. However that didn't feel as bad to me this year as it did when I test drove a 300C last year. Also this seems to be a common problem these days, the Avalon also had a tiny rear window. Finally there is the fuel consumption issue, the demonstrator that I drove was averaging 16MPG. The car is rated 17City, 25Highway, and it needs premium gas. One way to rationalize this is that I figure the 300C will consume an extra 200 gallons a year over a TL which is only $500 at todays prices and is only $1000 if the price of gas goes up to $5 gallon.

Honda Accord and Honda Accord Hybrid. These are terrible cars. I was very surprised, I was expecting that they would be superb. The engines in both are very rough and noisy. The acceleration was good, especially in the hybrid, but I couldn't get over how rough they felt. The seat was also just terrible. There is a lumbar support mechanism that was out and out painful even with it cranked down as far as it could go.

Acura TL. Even though it is related to the Accord it's a vastly better car. The driving experience is very good but not in the same class as the

300C. The seat shared a little of the same problems as the Accord but it was tolerable. The NAV system is great. It has a touch screen and voice recognition. The car also comes with bluetooth standard. Overall they did a great job with the electronics, these are the features that I like best about the car. The downside is that it's a little on the small side. Also it doesn't come in all wheel drive but my current car is FWD and it's handled our winters just fine. The gas mileage is OK, not great for a car this small, but respectable especially considering the fact that it has a fairly powerful engine.

Acura RL. The driving experience is very good but overall I didn't like the car as much as the TL. The NAV system is placed higher up on the dash where it is harder to see and which precludes the use of a touch screen. It does have voice recognition but overall it's a step in the wrong direction. The RL is AWD which is it's one plus over the TL but I don't think AWD is worth an extra $15K.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm interested in hearing from owners of the 300C and TL. For 300 owners I'm especially in if you have found the poor visibility to be a problem. How hard is it to parallel park? What gas mileage are you getting? How reliable has it been? From TL owners I'd like to hear you general impressions. How well does it handle snow, 270HP is a lot in FWD car, is this a problem in the winter?

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

Can you get the features you want in a 300 with the 3.5 6 cylinder? It will be plenty fast, get good gas mileage and save you plenty of money over the others. You should also drive a Ford 500 though I'm sure people will slam me for mentioning that here.

Reply to
Art

RACEING HAS IT'S ADVANTAGES, BUT PAYING FOR THEM IS A HASSLE. CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME THE TORQUE SPECS FOR THE HEAD BOLTS, CAN BOLTA AND CONNECTING ROD BOLTS FOR A 98 B18C5???

Reply to
william grod via CarKB.com

RACEING HAS IT'S ADVANTAGES, BUT PAYING FOR THEM IS A HASSLE. CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME THE TORQUE SPECS FOR THE HEAD BOLTS, CAN BOLTS AND CONNECTING ROD BOLTS FOR A 98 B18C5???

Reply to
william grod via CarKB.com

The difference between the 3.5 and the Hemi is only 1MPG. Frankly the whole reason to get a 300 is the Hemi, that's what distinguishes it. The styling is awful but the driving experience is incredible. If you put an ordinary engine in it it would still be an ugly car, but it would be a slow ugly car.

The Ford 500 doesn't have a NAV system so I won't even look at it.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

I?m looking for a source for this diagram, mine is missing. Any ideas? thanks

Reply to
Crackerjack

Hi everybody, I am wanting to put Greddy headers in my Acura Integra GS Non VTEC and was wondering if the difference in VTEC or not would affect the type headers. So, basically is there a difference in VTEC GSR Greddy headers and Non VTEC GS headers?

Reply to
Rachemon

I think the 300 looks awesome! There is no accounting for taste, I guess. I would be weary of anything by Chrysler, though.

Toyotas are boring and uncomfortable. And I hate them for personal reasons.

The Ford 500 is ugly. Period.

Apparently, the new generation TL has rear-end geometry problems when passangers are sitting in the back. Goes through tires real bad.

I love my '01 TL, but my next car will probably AWD. I will be taking a serious look at the G35.

Reply to
Bruno

By what you have said you basically like the 300 the best. I would not buy a car because it has a touch screen navigator, you could buy the model without one and add your own touch screen for less than the manufacturer would charge for one. The 300 looks like a pimp car now, because it is new and a little odd, but in a year it will be as normal as a sunfire (over in north america anyways). Buy the car you feel the best in, the one that adds to your ego the most. The most important thing is to feel good about yourself when in a car. The xtra expense is nothing compared to the initial cost of the car. Your going to lose more in deprieciation on any car that you can save in gas, so don't worry about it. If you really wanted to save money you would buy a used car and save more than 5 years worth of gas up front.

BTW : You should floor all the cars you test drive. Any car should handle this fine.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Rachemon wrote in news:1_582615 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

In the JC Whitney Sport Compact catalog,DC Headers lists diferent headers for the 94-01 GS and 94-99 GSR ,but the same one for 92-93 GS and GSR.

A quick glance at the first site Google turned up shows different Greddy headers for the 94-99 GS and GSR models. (doesn't anyone do Google-seraches first anyomre?)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Would owners of the '04 like to comment on this. Is this true?

I just test drove the M35. It's got some really neat features like a rear end video camera and it's voice recognition works well. However it's over $50K which is a lot considering that it only has a 6 cylinder engine.

I also just test drove a Lexus ES330. It has a lot of vibration and it's GPS has a lock out feature that prevents you from changing the destination when you are moving. The salesman tired to claim that the vibration was because the tires developed flat spots from sitting in the lot all week. Between the Lexus and the Acura, I prefer the Acura. So I'm still trying to decide between the 300C and the TL.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

The Ford 500 and Mercury Montego are nice cars - the interior is very nice and put together well. The exterior is nothing like a 300 but I still find it attractive. It's a different kind of car than the 300C, no doubt. It might be considered "boring" compared to a 300 but it's a good "boring" car that should sell well. I wouldn't mind owning one myself but I'd have to sell my 300C to get one and that will not happen.

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou