1995 a6 sedan remote problems

what i did try was i got in the car and shut the doors and turned the key will the lights/headlights came on then with that on got out of the car and locked the car in the drivers door and then pressed the remote button and nothing happened so i took the key out of the ignition and tried to use the remote again and still nothing. an help?

Reply to
cool.kyle.3000

I translate this as being an attempt to recode a keyfob. Short of actually reading the manual, anyone out there remember how to do this on that model 6er?

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

I did what the manual said and still no luck

Reply to
cool.kyle.3000

Did you check:

  1. Are the batteries good in the fob?
  2. Is it the *right* fob for that vehicle?

Q: did it work ever with this fob in your vehicle?

Reply to
PeterD

I have never had a remote with this car but the owner before me did. I call the dealer and ordered a remote from them so i thought they would know what remote to get. I dont know how to tell if the battries are good tho

Reply to
cool.kyle.3000

Well, I see three potential problems.

  1. Batteries are dead (perhaps from sitting?)
  2. It is the wrong remote fob (really easy to have happen?)
  3. There are vehicle parts (the remote module) that either don't exist (anymore) or are broken.

Any way to check why the old owner's fob was missing?

Reply to
PeterD