Audi A8 Timing Belt...should I...or should I not?

Hi guys.

I have 1997 Audi A8, buoght it used and never have had any problems. Now it has 100,000 miles. Is it time to change a timing belt or can I just keep driving? Thanks for all your help and time.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Has the belt ever been changed? Previous owner change?

To avoid severe damage to your engine, I would replace it asap.

My RS6 is in the shop today (since yesterday) getting the belt changed, new plugs, filters, oil change, allignment, all paid for under warranty.

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

Just keep driving. I want to hear how much it REALLY costs to rebuild one of those things ...

-- C.R. Krieger (pulling up a chair to see ...)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Wish I had a warranty like that!

Reply to
Dave

They've had it for two days and it still isn't finished. I pick it up on Monday. They gave me an 07 A4 2.0T loaner. Nice little car, but I want my machine back! d;o(

Dave

Reply to
Dave LaCourse

As per previous post, if you don't know when the cam belt was last done, then get it changed, if it goes its big money. I normally change them either 5 years or quite a few k before the stated mileage

Reply to
Jon B