ContiProContact in a snowstorm

OMG, it's horrible. I think even RE-92s were not nearly as bad.

I've pulled a set of Xi 2 off last week and haven't really adjusted to these all seasons on snow (that fell last night). It was the first time that I was ever thankful to audi for ESP. It took me two full hours running morning errands to adjust to these before I started turning esp off most of the time.

Turning on packed snow: understandable bad for "all-season" tires one near miss in a left corner Braking on packed snow: pretty awful. Had a near miss with a bumper of a car in front and another one with a pole.

I was glad though I haven't bought a set of dedicated summer tires, but, then, I would not have re-shooed in march if I did.

And did I mention they squeal badly on dry pavement in summer?

In a word: "all seasons" equals false sense of security in mid season and are better left as a summer option to folks who can be caught with their pants down on a mountainous overpass in summer. which is about 0.2% of the driving public

for the rest they are like sucky summer tires and are completely useless in winter unless you are looking for a lot of scary encounters with objects moving and stationary

keeps adrenaline flowing, I should give them that

Reply to
AD