Erractic self-locking

Hi there,

My '98 A4 locks itself when it pleases to - provided of course the key is not in ignition. Sometimes it does so in two minutes, sometimes in half an hour. Sometimes it remains open.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

JP

Reply to
JP Roberts

It should only self lock, after you have locked the car then re-opened it again "without" putting the key back in the ignition.

Its incase you accidently press the unlock button after locking the car, the time mines takes is approx 2 mins, of course all the doors have to be shut as well.

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Sorry, about the typo, I meant "erratic".

Well, yes, provided your conditions are met, Ronny, the car still takes "erratic" different times to lock itself every time, that is if it locks itself at all.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Thanks,

JP "Ronny" escribió en el mensaje news:bno25c$kqr$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Reply to
John

I had a problem with a 97 A3 which one day become difficult to unlock. Pressing the remote button unlocked it but it immediately locked itself again. Using the key was the same because as soon as you turned it, it would lock again! I could however open the boot and unlock it that way.

The dealer diagnosed it as the central locking pump which needed replaced. I believe this sits under the drivers seat although I could be wrong. Cost was about £230 (230 uk pounds) to fix.

HTH

Reply to
Graham