200 Focus central locking problem

Hi,

Our 2000 Ford Focus has developed a problem with the central locking system. In September we noticed that it would not lock with the remote; it would lock and immediately unlock, as if one of the front doors was still open. It would thankfully lock and deadlock with the key in the driver's door.

This went away, and my local garage could not reproduce it during the service.

We now have the problem that the car locks itself, irrespective of whether the engine is running or not. You can guess that this is pretty tricky now that we run the engine and scrape the ice at the same time. :-(

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

I had this a couple of weeks ago on a vauxhall corsa, a new door lock fixed it, the lock appeared to have a tiny spring broken inside.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

My wife's Focus (2000 X reg 1.8 Zetec) also locks and unlocks itself when driving and just a couple of times she has had to get out through the passenger door. Efforts to replicate when stationary or find the fault have so far failed!

I look forward to you getting some good advice.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

My 2001 2.0 ESP is a bit flaky too. Sometimes it fails to lock and I think once it locked itself while driving. I heard a click anyway. It was very reluctant to lock this morning in the freezing cold. Usually sorts itself out after a while. Not something I can be arsed to look into with any great urgency.

Reply to
Dave Baker