No BOSE display?

I was lead to believe that a BOSE system shows the word BOSE in the display for a second when turned on. Mine doesn't. I have a TT with Concert/6 CD changer

Can anyone shed light on this for me.

Thanks

Reply to
Martin Smith

"Martin Smith" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

You know if its got bose as it's printed on the door speakers, I had a TT for 2 weeks while mine was in for repair and that had bose and it comes up for a sec when you turn the stereo on like you say.

Reply to
Ronny

I actually couldn't say if any of the speakers are badged by BOSE (I'll have to check!) but the "Symphony/Bose" system on my S4 comes up with "BOSE" in the display...

Reply to
daytripper

Should look like that on your S4 and TT

Reply to
Ronny

Thanks guys.. I know it SHOULD be Bose as it does have badges and was bought as having Bose. I've since seen in the manual that it does say that it should say it in the display when turned on. I don't know what could be up with it but its booked in for a technician to look at it tomorrow.

Reply to
Martin Smith

It went in today. It came back to me with the BOSE displaying. The front desk guy when asked what was wrong only mentioned some menu where the display was re-programmed.

Engineers menu?

Reply to
Martin Smith

My experience:

2005 Audi Allroad w/Bose, cd-changer & Sirius 2006 Audi A4 w/o Bose, cd-changer & XM

If it sounds decently clear and reasonably alive, it's NOT Bose. If it sounds muddy and dead with a muted midrange and an overboosted bass, it IS Bose.

And yes, the BOSE name does briefly display on the panel to remind you that you've been ripped off.

Reply to
Eza Gadson

Actually, it should say "BÖSE"...the german word for angry :p

Reply to
Gio

lol..

Well it really makes no difference with most of the shit I listen to ;)

Reply to
Martin Smith

HaHa how true, I had a TT with BOSE and the sound was ok, but not a patch on my A4 with normal speakers and active sub in the rear parcel shelf.

Reply to
Ronny