Timing belt on 1996 2.8

I am looking at a 1996 Audi A4 with a 2.8 liter engine. The car has 130,000 miles on it and has the original timing belt. The seller says the dealer wants $900 to change it. How difficult is this belt and what special tools are needed. I have in the past been able to make cam tools for other cars that require alignment tools for the dual cams. Any help would be great thanks

Reply to
Wayne Mak

130,000 miles on the original belt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may help.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

Reply to
David

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Wayne Mak

Knowing that it will cost you 2000$+ (jobber rate) a year to maintain it on the road, is it still appealing? I'd stay away.

Reply to
Saintor

Who says it costs $2000 pa to run an Audi?

In 4 yrs I have spent less than £1500k @ 160k miles now

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny