Warning! 'Holmes Skillet' a.k.a. Mohammed Mannir

On 2-26 I placed a want ad in AudiWorld Classifieds for an S4 seat. I was contacted by ?Holmes Skillet? aka Mohammed Mannir from Maryland, who claimed he had one for sale for $300.-

I prepaid him with a USPS money order sent to his Towsen, MD. address. He confirmed the receipt on 3-19-04.

Since then, my phone messages and e-mails ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) have been unanswered, the merchandise never arrived. I have initiated legal steps with Maryland?s District Attorney?s office, and the U.S. Postal Inspector.

When I questioned his credentials, Holmes Skillet/Mohammed Mannir mentioned that he often sells Audi parts on various Audi specialty sites like this one. I warn readers not to send money to this individual for Audi parts he may advertise, and not to respond to his offers prompted by want ads like mine.

Kind regards, GM

Reply to
Klaus Heyne