Window troubles

Hi,

This is about an Audi 6 build in 2000. When it has been dry for a couple of days, the electric window on the drivers side isn't closing anymore (only half way), due to too much friction. In rainy conditions no trouble at all. Is there an easy way to fix that?

TIA, Bert

Reply to
Bert

The message from Bert contains these words:

Silicone spray. Try not to get it on the glass or the paintwork, and don't use WD40, which isn't silicone and isn't a very good lubricant.

Reply to
Guy King

So, where am I to apply that spray if it shouldn't get on the glass? The friction is between the glass and the rubbers, I think...

Bert

Reply to
Bert

Might as well be the famous broken plastic guide in the window.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

The message from Bert contains these words:

Yes, sorry, I meant "Don't spray it all over the glass and cover everything in sight". With the window down, spray it into the furry channels.

Reply to
Guy King

Ok, thanks, I will try that. I hope that I don't have that broken glider as mentioned, will find out soon.

Bert

Reply to
Bert

That did the trick. Thanks!