2006 325 warranty... what gives?

That's the first intelligent thing you've said !

Reply to
jerri

What do you think of your 330XI? I was thinking of getting a 2006

330XI when they come out this fall.
Reply to
jerri

I have a 2001 330xi. Manual, sport package (seats, steering wheel and exterior fitments), cold weather package, leather. I have almost 75K miles on it; no engine/transmission problems. Only problems have been radio, passenger seat, short in driver's seat heater (they just recalled the 7 series for this IIRC, so it may be only a matter of time before the other models...) and a couple of other minor things that escape me at the moment.

I have snow tires (Michelin Pilot Alpine) for it; the original all-season performance tires are barely adequate. With the snows, the traction and handling/cornering is quite amazing. The new 330xi has the xDrive system I believe, which should add even more performance above the 34/66 constant split which mine has. Right now I have a set of performance "summer" tires from a 325i on it - they really add quite a bit of handling.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

And who the f*ck are you again? Because I dont recognize you. Did you try to contribute something useful to this conversation under a different alias or did you decide to just pop off out of nowhere?

What some of the smartasses here have voluntarily failed to realize is that I was asking a legitimate question about the warranty. I came looking for information. A few people offered reasonable suggestions and I engaged them with the same level of respect they engaged me with.

On the other hand, a few smacktards came out of nowhere and started calling me names, and received an appropriate spanking. I am willing to continue, and intensify the level of spanking until they have learned their lesson. Consider it my way of helping these toddlers prepare for their future in the real world.

Reply to
Choder

Good Grief, Jerri.

We've now cost Choder mucho $$$ because he had to go and look up everyone's history so that he could give us an appropriate spanking. I'll bet the group is envious of his capability, and impressed with his bottom line loss.

Perhaps Choder should go and argue with himself. While some of us might have a slight personal interest in whether he buys a BMW or not (I don't do any work for the 3 series though) but I doubt anyone here really cares if he buys a Corolla (exceptional value) or any other vehicle instead of a BMW 3 series.

It's interesting that Choder is an engineer. Engineers do spin their wheels a lot. Talking, complaning, theorizing, making suggestions, things of this nature - but it never seems to be the engineer that actually gets any work physical work done... He must be good at his job!

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

That wasn't intelligent! I'm someone who has had 14 BMW's over the past 25 years. Going by what you have written I can assure you that you would NOT be happy with a BMW. Quit wasting your time and everybody else's and buy something else. I mean this in all sincerity. Good luck with whatever you purchase. BTW: Profanity isn't necessary.

Reply to
jerri

Thanks for the information. I was hoping to get by without putting on snow tires. The car it would be replacing is front wheel drive and gets by with all season tires. I live in central US so we do get our share of snow but nothing like they get in the north. I've had many BMW's over the years but never one with AWD. Over the years i've made a point to have one of my cars a front wheel drive car for those snowy winter days we get. No matter what I buy I'll keep at least one BMW. I really love them (except in the snow). If I get an xi maybe I'll finally have a BMW that I like in the snow. Thanks again.

Reply to
jerri

You're in quite a different situation than me: I'm retired and spend my winters in the Cascade Mts. of WA state teaching skiing. I spend 80-120 days (depending upon weather) on snow. I can't afford not having the best traction, since I hit the roads before they're plowed sometimes, and the drive to my cabin is plowed only 3-4 times a winter. I had the all-seasons on the first two years I had it, and although I only got stuck once (my fault).

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

IIRC, the newer models are worse on gas; Toyota has ramped up performance a bit, causing mileage to suffer. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

This sounds like the lower class complaining about the upper class. So tell me your grief point again, slavebitch? You're mad because I came here to ask legitimate questions, and defended myself against a small minority of retards that is so infatuated with the BMW emblem that they will attack a person for simply inquiring about the warranty? Those of you that fit that description have surely added to the prestige that goes with the BMW name. I'm sure they will offer you a job in marketing soon.

On the other side of the coin, we have salespeople (aka bullshit artists, liars, scum of the earth) who make a living from trying to talk people out of their money. Since you're anti-engineer, you must be from this group. How proud your kids will be!

Reply to
Choder

Becareful about labeling people you know nothing about, esspecially when it is *you* who is complaining about your perceived high cost of owning a BMW...

I'm not "mad." I'm also not attacking you because I'm infatuated with the BMW logo (I drive a Toyota). I just think you're lazy, and enjoy complaining. Further, you don't seem to be able to do anything about whatever it is you're complaining about.

Did you actually think you would get all the details you were looking for by posting a question here? You have to have realistic expectations of a process in order for it to succeed. Looks like this one failed.

I am not employed by BMW and I don't work in any type of marketing.

I'm not in sales of any type (as far as cars go). As I implied earlier, my job is to get the engineers' ideas to work correctly. Somewhere between the theory (engineer) and the finished product (car driving down the road).

I'm not exactly anti-engineer. It just strikes me as such a huge cliche that you come here to complain about something which no one here can change, and then you get remarkably defensive when those who post to this forum explain the situation to you.

So finally, what can we do for you?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

The answer to that question is in the original post in this thread. I asked for some simple information. Everything that happened thereafter was in response to attacks. If you watch the history of this thread you will see I came here with a fairly simple question. You and a handful of others are the ones who wanted to turn it into a pissing match.

Here's a novel idea: when someone posts a question, if you don't know the answer, why dont you save the bandwidth, time, and simply shut the f*ck up? Otherwise, when the thread winds down, it becomes very clear that there are three types of participants:

  1. Those seeking information
  2. Those providing information
  3. Those who simply stuck their noses in because they suck at life and enjoy whining or trying to give others a hard time.

Im the first one, who was unfortunately put in a position to defend myself against a few number threes. The number twos entered the thread, shared what they knew, and got out.

Reply to
Choder

The answer is knowing where to get information. No one knows everything. Most people know very little. The internet is popular because it is easy to get information, or get information on getting information, on the internet.

Originally, before you posted your question, you consulted the internet for information regarding the BMW extended warranty. While the internet did not provide that information itself, it did tell you where to find that information.

You have chosen to seek other means (even though the first answer was very much correct and functional). You've come here. Again you did not received the information you were looking for, but in fact information on where you could find the information you're looking for. While looking, you made an ass of yourself, and continue to do so. Thankfully, the internet is forgiving and you'll be none the worse for it.

The conclusion of this thread, and all your time searching and arguing you've spent is that you still have precisely two options (the same two options you had before you came here): you can go and see a dealer, or you can buy your car from another manufacturer.

Now, you can call me names for as long as you want. You can participate in flame wars until your fingers fall off. Unfortunately, you still have only two options, and neither of them are influenced by the course of action

*you* chose to enter into after you posted your question.

Remember that no one here cares if you find the information you're looking for.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Did you charge her $400 for the privilege, or did she split it with the salesman?

I was also curious if you had time for sex after your meal, or the $20 you could have generated during your coital intimacy detract from your gf's enjoyment????

(BTW, Ibill higher than you, and still find plenty time to spend on a new car - I think that you are taking the piss in this thread).

Very nice looking car. I

Reply to
Harry

Yes, but is it such a bizarre request to ask a group of enthusiasts about a make whether or not anyone has the information in an electronic format they could share? In other words, someone who has already gone through the sales song and dance and has a simple .pdf they could share, etc. In all of the newsgroups for other car makes, luxury models or otherwise, I find the group as a whole to be quite helpful with this type of information sharing. This group however (while I will admit there were some people who made an effort to help early on) however seems to have an excessive number of people who just want to ignite a flame war over the simple fact that I refuse to go 30 minutes from home and spend another hour talking to a salesman, just in order to obtain something so trivial as warranty information.

As this thread was going on, I made a mental list of the last two dozen or so items I have purchased over the last year that cost more than fifty bucks or so. I looked up most of the manufacturers online. I could not find a SINGLE case where the warranty information for the product I bought was not available online. So, when you guys start defending BMW's practice of not putting the warranty online, you are only citing yourself as oddballs. Being elusive with warranty information *IS* very uncommon and should be cause for concern.

Actually someone did provide quite a bit of the answers I was looking for... are you following the thread completely? Whether or not the information is 100% correct might be another issue, but the fact that someone is making a reasonable effort to answer the question is (almost) all I could ask for. The other thing I could ask for is that folks who have absolutely nothing to contribute but whining would kindly shut the f*ck up.

Only in the small little minds of yourself and a handful of others.

That's not true, someone provided me some of the information, and someone else suggested I call the dealer and request the information be mailed to me. The effort of the original post was not a complete loss.

In almost any other car newsgroup, I think the thread would have remained focused on information sharing rather than flaming. It seems a certain percentage of BMW enthusiasts are "special" (in the same sense of the word it is used in "special" olympics.

Just as nobody cares if you choke to death on a sardine. That's just the internet. I didn't come here looking for hugs and kisses, I came here looking for information. I did receive some, its not perfect, but hey that's the internet too.

What's even better is that I've had the opportunity to publically spank a few snot-nosed little cry babies, who might have learned a think or two about jutting their noses into a thread and invoking a flame war where there did not need to be one. Maybe in some small way, this will reduce the number of smacktards on usenet, or at least encourage them to engage their brains before picking a fight. I can only remain optimistic.

Reply to
Choder

Spending time with my gf is something I want to do. Listening to some salesmans spiel is not, smartass.

It's rather of perverse of you to waste your precious and few moments of brain activity pondering my sex life. Have you seen a shrink for that?

Very mature of you to mention that. I didn't come here to boast about my income, I provided that information in response to someone elses comment. If you enjoy going to dealerships, chatting it up with salesmen and what not -- then that's fine... thats your perogative. Maybe you live closer to the dealer than I do. Maybe you have a higher hourly rate but do not work seven days a week as I currently am on my current contract. If I had time to piss away (and you apparently do), going to the dealer would not be as big a deal. But right now it is rather insulting to me.

And please, dont start with up "why do you have time to argue here if you dont have time to go to the dealer". I explained that in another post - I can reply to the whiney twits like you without leaving my PC, which allows me to continue to work and type while the PC is crunching away.

Reply to
Choder

You mean deluded? You're adding to the problem, not subtracting. Talk about more money than brains.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Not only do you have time to reply to EVERY post, but you seem to be able to do it sooooo quickly. Get a Skoda. It suits your personality - it's also crap.

Reply to
Harry

What are you retarded? I explained this twice now and you still don't get it.

Reply to
Choder

Guess I must have too much time on my hands. I get it, but it's YOU that's a little out of sync.

I just feel sorry for the poor bastard who sells you a car. He has no idea what kind of time he's in for from an asshole like you.

Reply to
Harry