On my 528i ... the new key in process so as to get the alarm system
working is thus.
1) On the Drivers Side door, lock open lock open the door key lock with
the new key and then sit inside the drivers seat with the door closed.
You have to show the car computer that is the proper key for the
ignition and that you are the person to use it.
2) lock and unlock the car from the inside using the key fob transmitter
while seated and then.
3) put new key into ignition switch, press brake pedal to then turn the
new key to the start position of the ignition switch ... and wait as the
car is now thinking and working out codes.
4) takes 20 seconds for the boot up process with the new key and
computer ... then the car with start the engine like normal into running
mode where you release the key like normal.
5) after that process is done, the car will start as normal with just a
touch of the key switch .. and all the fob transmitter codes are
properly sorted out with your vehicle for your security use.
6) most dealers will do this for free in the service office with their
staff, do not bother to talk to any sales staff IMO and all that rot.
7) leave your used car overnight at the dealer it gets oil leaks the
On 7/30/11 9:11 AM, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.