E39 525 2001 dies upon start intermittently

Hi,

This is the first time I'm posting a question here and english is not my native language, so please beare with me.

I have a 2001, 525i which has been working flawlessly up until now. Recently I've started to experience the following problem.

Sometimes when I start the engine, whenever I try to press the gas pedal it dies. If I on the other hand just leave it running on idle, there seems to be a slight variation in the RPM, but the engine does not stop. However, if I press the gas pedal it stops immedeately.

If I leave the car overnight, the problem is gone, and when I'm driving after a successfull start, there does not seem to be any problem with the power of the engine.

This has happened three times during a two week period, but as far as I remember, only when the motor has been warm. I haven't seen this when I have made a cold start.

Anyone got some ideas?

Best Regards //Jan Persson

Reply to
jpersson1

wrote

Crankcase position sensor?

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Hi,

That was exactly my repairmans educated guess when I described my problems for him over the phone.

He will take a closer look at the car next friday, so we will see then.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards //Jan Persson

Reply to
jpersson1