'CHECK ENGINE LIGHT' ON A 1988 IROC 5.7 LITRE

I've been having this problem for a long time now that my Check Engin Light comes right after I turn over the key and stays on. I have trie a test on the ECM for the code and it is giving me a code of 36. Ihav a list of codes but it does not have this one on the list.....ca anybody help!

Reply to
toby

You're gonna love this:

36: Burn off at mass air flow sensor OR Problem in transmission shift OR Fault in direct ignition system OR Missing pulses in electronic spark timing signal
Reply to
JimV

Thanks alot Jim V for all 4 o

your anwser

Scott

Reply to
toby

Well, you probably don't have direct ignition, so that only leaves three! :-)

Reply to
JimV

Which if the engine is not running is normal and to be expected. Unfortunately it could be one of the other issues (you will always have the last when the engine is not running) and you would never know that you had fixed it by the computer codes.

Reply to
Cy Welch