Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

software/cables for Laptop OBD1 and 2
Anyone have any experiance with the software and cable kits for scanning ECMs? My laptop has USB1.1, serial and parallel ports. I want one that does older GM and OBDII at least. It would be nice if it...
9
9

Silverado SS production numbers?
I've seen several of these trucks on the road in the last few months, and I was curious if anyone knew what the production numbers were for the 2003 model? Are these limited production runs, mainly...

Exhaust and Inspection in New Hampshire.
The cheapest way I could get my exhaust fixed to state inspection standards was to get a couple cherry bomb mufflers, and an OEM tail pipe. However I would like to know, does my 85 K5 NEED cats to...
9
9

Spark Plug gap for a 95 Chevy 5.7 liter engine please....
Spark Plug gap for a 95 Chevy 5.7 liter engine please.... I looked on the web and seem to get a variety of gaps. Some as little as .30 to as much as .60. That's useless.....
2
2

Rear Axle ID
Is it possible to determine the drive ratio of a 14-bolt 10.5" Rear Axle by visual inspection alone? Without disassembly I mean. I know I can chalk the tires and driveshaft and push, but was hoping...
17
17

crank pulley on 250 L6
I have a 72 C-10 Fleetside and it has a 250 in it. I cant figure out how the pulley stays on the crankshaft. I see no bolt and its not a press fit. Does the belt alignment hold it on during operation?...
8
8

1991 GMC Vandura 2500 rough and erratic idle
/I just purchased a 1991 GMC Vandura 2500 5.7 engine with 70679 miles on it. I replaced the fuel pump, O2 sensor, Temp sensor next to the thermostat new plugs wires and distributor car, MAP sensor and...
4
4

Why are Chevy trucks so ugly?
Most people think the new Colorado trucks are ugly. Even the dealer apologized when I looked at one last week and then he said but they're built tough and that's what's important for a truck. Older...
13
13

1997 Silverado 1500 with starter problems
I have a 97 Silverado with just over 200,000 miles. I recently replaced the entire motor with a turn key crate 350. Since the replacement, I have gone through 3 batteries. When they're tested they are...

2004 Silverado Heater/AC Fan
The fan is acting up - doesn't run at all until I turn it up to 4. What might cause this problem? --Steve
10
10

1997 GMC HD3500 6.5 diesel Won't start
1997 GMC HD3500 6.5 diesel Truck will not start, or starts, then dies in a second or two Tried new glow plugs, fuel pump, fuel filter, air cleaner, full tank Fuel comes out the top of the fuel filter...
1
1

firing order on a 2.8l for a S10 approx 1984
a friend has a 1984 or 85 chevy s10 4x4 that wasn't running right so he replaced spark plugs n cables. Now it won't start. we have #1 set at 12deg timing but it's miss firing with the firing order we...
1
1

S10 Front Suspension - 4x4 vs. 2WD
What is the difference between the 2WD chassis and the 4x4 frame ? Besides the obvious difference of the torsion bars and coil springs, will the 4x4 A-Arms bolt up to the 2WD frame or is the 4x4 a...
3
3

Testing Ignition Coil (1984 GMC 1500 Sierra Classic)
Hi, My father owns an '84 GMC 1500 Sierra Classic. It turns over but doesn't seem to be firing (it's getting fuel). He wants to test the ignition coil but isn't sure how to go about it. What does he...
10
10

81 chevy luv
i got a 81 chevy luv truck and i tired to get the kelly's blue book value just wondering how much it would cost if i traded it in. everything is all original parts and dash please email me to let me...
6
6

Losing oil pressure after intake gasket replacement!
Well, after getting the intake gaskets done on the truck (they were leaking some antifreeze on to the outside), I have put 100 kms on it and now the oil pressure drops in half, and I notice it pinging...
5
5

1985 Chevy C30 Specs
Anyone know where I can find specification info for an 85 Chevy 1-ton, single-wheel with a 454/Auto? Thinking about buying one and was trying to figure out what the gas mileage is..I know it isn't...
1
1

99 Suburban rough idle
I have a 1999 Suburban K1500 with the Vortec 5.7. Over the last week or so, I've noticed the idle seems a bit rough and around 500 RPM's +/-. I mainly notice the roughness when it's in gear. If I put...
7
7

Stepside bed, what is the advantage?
I recently found myself checking out a used Sierra pickup with a stepside bed. I've been thinking about getting a pickup, and in thinking about this particular truck, I'm reminded of something I've...
20
20

Location of oil pressure switch on '98 astro van 4.3L RWD
I would like to know the location of the oil pressure switch on a 1998 Chevy Astro Van. Any diagrams would be helpful as well. Thank you.
1
1