Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

03 Trailblazer Transmission Problems
All, Just thought I'd post a problem I'm having to see if anyone else has seen it. 03 Trailblazer, 4WD, LT w/ 6-cyl. I'm on my 5th trip to the dealer this month. Symptoms are first that I cant turn...
8
8

PCV Valve on 2002 8.1L
This may sound crazy, but is there a PCV valve on a 2002 8.1L and if so, where is it located? The parts stores aren't showing a part number for it. Thanks
1
1

Chevron vs Valvoline oil
Anyone out there have a opinion on Chevron premium 10/30 and Valvoline 10/40 for a 89,000mi straight 6 Thanks
6
6

Chevy G20 Van - 305 engine - no temp reading
I've replaced the thermostat 3 times, trying to get heat in the beast, and in the process have replaced the temp sender. No reading on the temp gauge...... 2nd temp sensor didn't solve the problem....
6
6

HELP! P0152 "Heated Oxygen Sensor" "Low Voltage Bank 2" Chevy Silverado
Heres the deal. I have a 1996 Chevy Silverado 1500 V8 5.7 liter. I took my truck to AutoZone for their free computer dianostic check because my check engine light was on. Their computer said I needed...
3
3

how to access the inside of fuel tank on chevy colorado diesel 2017
i have bought Fitch Fuel Catalyst, drop in pellets. for 20 gallons, you use 8...which i have. but all new vehicles have the anti spill/siphon screens. Does anyone know a way i get them in tank? This...

Low Fuel Pressure - 96 Silverado w/ 5.7L Central SFI
My fuel pressure was 40-45 psi--supposed to be 60. I replaced the fuel filter and now it's 50. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator - and it's still 50. The fuel pump whirs as it's supposed to ~2...
1
1

Rear brakes lock up when wet - '96 Suburban 2500
After getting wet and then sitting overnight my rear brakes stick hard when first used. The pretty much lock up even with the slightest pedal pressure. Using just the e-brake shakes the whole truck....
2
2

Questions regarding 4WD not engaging on a 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup
Hi everyone, My 4WD stopped engaging on my 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup. I noticed the 4WD light was not coming on and I ran the truck up on the bottom of a steep bank to check if it was not in 4WD or if...
10
10

Brake Pedal To The Floor
2003 3500 Express van, 15 passenger. The brake pedal intermittently goes to the floor. The mechanic put in a new master cylinder, but it doing it again. Any idea what is going on? My guess is the ABS...
1
1

4.8 V8 vs. 4.3 V6
I'm looking at some used trucks. Is a 4.8 V8 a better choice than a 4.3 V6? This will be a short bed 1500 base 2 wheel drive truck just for light work. Al
6
6

1996 Chevy S-10 timing chain question?
Do timing chains brake on 4 cylinder S-10 trucks? or is it a timing belt? My truck has 195,000 miles and I need to know if to change it now or not. Thank you.
1
1

90 GMC Defroster
I hope someone can answer a question for me. I inherited my Dad's 1990 GMC Sierra 2 wheel drive PU. It has the 5.7L engine and automatic transmission. It also has factory A/C. The truck has 130,000...
11
11

1985 s15 will not start
i have a 1985 s-15 with a 2.8l carb e2se it ran when i parked it 2 weeks a go when it was about 50f now it is about 30f the temp was and it will not start i checked the fuel pump the gas and gas is...
15
15

1999 Silverado radio antenna replacement
Does anyone have a source or information on how to replace the radio antenna on a 99 Silverado truck?
1
1

Loud Clicking noise behind the glove box`
Recently My 94 Chevy Surburban started making a clicking noise that sounds as if it is coming from behind the glove box. This noise only happens for about 30 seconds after I start the vehicle then it...
1
1

What transmissions wil fit my chevy 5.7 motor? (2023 Update)
I have an older 350 I put into a 1988 chevy truck, I now need to replace the transmission I'm not looking for any thing fancy I just need to know what trannys bolt up to the 5.7
3
3

1996 Blazer multifunction switch replacement
Hi, a friend of mine has a 1996 Blazer and the turn signal no longer works. The relay is good, as evidenced by the fact that the hazards work. He's unable to see how to get the switch out to replace...
7
7

00 Chevy S10 no start, no nothing!
2000 Chevy S10 4cyl automatic...will not start, no electricity at all, turn key nothing.. Truck started and ran fine yesterday..went to store and when I came out 5 minutes later, absolutely nothing...
5
5

96 chevy truck oil filter housing
I have a 96 silverado I am going to replace the oil filter housing seal in. My question is does the oil cooler lines that screw into the housing have some sort of seal in them also? Is it just a...
3
3