Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

5.7L Vortec running way rich, poor idle
I have a '99 Chevy Suburban 1500 4X4 with a 5.7L Vortec V8. It is idling bad and you can smell strong gas fumes. Revs good but there is a noticeable loss of power. The check engine light is on and we...
16
16

1993 Chevy Suburban ??
My 1993 Chevy Suburban won't start. It turns over strong continually but noting happens. It is almost like I am out of gas. Any suggestions on what I can check to resolve my problem?.
5
5

700R4 stuck in park.
I have a 90 chevy pickup w/a 700R4 that is stuck in park. I have had this happen before and it is not the linkage it is in the tranny its self. I took it to a shop the first time it happened and they...
4
4

Reversible Muffler
Edelbrock claims the muffler I just installed is "reversible". Does that mean that it gives a different tone if I turn it around, or just that it can be installed in either direction? Thanks, Kyle
4
4

Chevy G20 Van running rich, but getting code 44 (lean exhaust)
Dear All, My 1990 Chevy G20 is running very rich (to the point of suffocation within 1 mile radius!!) The engine is a 5.7L V8 TBI and I keep getting error code 44 (which according to my Haynes manual...
2
2

superchips
I bought a Superchips 2280(vin required) programmer that was programmed for a 2001 GMC Sierra pickup with the 5.3. The intent was to have it reprogrammed by Superchips for my 2000 GMC Yukon XL with...
1
1

Transmission Temperature - Tow Haul Mode
My last couple of new trucks have included transmission temp guages. What is considered normal transmission temps, and what is considered to be hot? I know they put these things on work trucksd to let...
3
3

2000 S10 Blazer tire pressure.
I just bought a 2000 Blazer 4x4 4dr. The sticker in the door is missing, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there that could look and see what it's suppose to be. I've googled but couldn't...
6
6

1985 Chevy S-10 Isn't Getting Fuel
Please help. My Chevy S-10 isn't getting any fuel through the fuel injector. 1985 2.5L 4 cylinder. It started having trouble starting a while ago. It seemed like if I took out the fuel injector and...
19
19

Fuel pressure issue - 95 Astro - please help (2024 Update)
Can someone please help me figure this out? I am really stuck. I have a 1995 CHEVROLET TRUCK ASTRO VAN 2WD 6 Cylinders 262 W 4.3L CPI. 105,000 miles Symptoms: The van is cutting out like it is running...
58
58

Location of ECM on a 1990 G20 van
Dear All, Does anyone know where I can find the ECM in my 1990 Chevy G20 van? The Haynes manual says it's under the instrument panel but I think I may be going mad as I can't seem to find it! I have...
3
3

Doggone it, where is the petcock on the S10 radiator?
I feel like an idiot. I was easily able to do this on my previous vehicle which was an import. I was trying to locate where the petcock was on the radiator in my 2002 S10. On my other vehicle, the...
6
6

1996 S10 turn signal relay location???
The turn signal on my 96 S10 truck has stopped working. The hazards work fine (all bulbs fine) so I assume it is the turn signal relay (flasher) that is out. I have one, but, I cannot find the relay...
2
2

1996 Chevy K3500 454 rough running problems
I've had my 96 K3500 with a 454 7.4L engine for a few months and ever since the weather cooled down from the hot summer days it's hit or miss everytime I try to start it. Now when I try to start it,...
4
4

2000 Blazer vacuum line schematic..??
Hi all, Posted a few days back regarding help with no heat to the floor of my 2000 Blazer. So far no responses, so I was wondering if anyone has a schematic of the vacuum hose layout so I could begin...
7
7

Sonoma: Change 5-Speed Trans Fluid?
My 1999 Sonoma has about 80K miles on it. Tranny is 5-speed manual, uses GM synchromesh transmission fluid (i.e., not gear oil.) No problems with the transmission but still I am wondering if that...
2
2

95 Suburban drive line vibration
95 Chevy Suburban 2WD - 3.73 Spicer 5 lug axle 5.7 TBI 305,000 on truck and engine. Trans rebuilt at 286,000. Vibration cones on around 62MPH. Have used an old fashioned tire balancer that spins the...
8
8

2004 Gmc Sierra Differential Capacity
I have a 2004 GMC Sierra SLE 4wd With locking rear diff. I am replacing the gear oil in the rear differential. Does anyone know the correct amount of gear oil to add. The chiltons manual says to add...
10
10

Radiator flushing question
There was a post a while back about people using detergent to flush a radiator , and a discontinued ingredient in a superb radiator flush. Anyone remember the ingredient or detergent used. Thanks.
5
5

Chevy Blazer Rear Bumper Removal
I want to remove the rear bumper on my 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer and either a) try to hammer out the dents or b) replace with a new bumper in better condition (i.e. less dents). This is all the Haynes...
1
1