Hood release cable - 96SL1

Hi, My car's battery probably needs to be replaced, so I 'just' wanted to check on some specifics before leaving for work this morning - when the hood release cable on my 96 SL1 Saturn decided to break. Any smart ways of opening the hood now? Do I use pliers or is there a way from under the car? How challenging is it to replace the cable without being a mechanic? Thanks for any help, Mike.

Reply to
Michael Baum

Wow, this just happened to my 97 Saturn SC2 yesterday. I was wondering the same thing. What did you decide to do?

Reply to
jmdyas

Could you possibly quote what the OP wrote?

Reply to
Mason121