REMOTE PROGRAMING FOR 99 CHEVY VENTURE

Hi all. I have a spare remote for my 1999 Chevy Venture & I would like to have it programmed to work for my vehicle. Is there a way that I could do it myself & if so, how do I do it, or do I have to take it to a shop & pay someone to do it for me? Thank you in advance, Jim

Reply to
Jim A.

Perform the following steps in order to program the transmitter:

1.. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. 2.. Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse panel. Refer to Fuse Block in Wiring Systems. 3.. Close all of the doors. 4.. Close the liftgate. 5.. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to ACC. 6.. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second. 7.. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters the BCM programming/diagnostic mode.

Important After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.

Reply to
Bobo

simultaneously

Reply to