sparkplugs for 00 silverado 4.8

I am due to replace the sparkplugs in my 00 silverado 4.8 and was wondering if anyone can recommend a particular brand. Was looking at the bosch platinum. Has anyone tried them?

Reply to
Daryl

There are lots of folks who have tryed them in this group and say they are junk! I looked at them the other day and I must say they look well, scary. (halloween pun not intended)They have a tiny little spot of platnium that is all covered up by the insulator. I ended up getting the regular Bosh plugs. If you plan on changing your plugs every 20k or better the regular ones will work just fine anyway.

Reply to
Scott

My very personal, and strong oppinion: you can't beat a set of AC Delco spark plugs. Cheap, well-built, and last damn-near forever. Hell, there like $3 or something, change them with the oil if you please.

~KJ~

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

my Silverado came with Delco platinums the scheduled maintenance is like

100,000 miles.

Reply to
Michael Dohman

I've used them in many vehicles and have never had a problem with them. I've also used Motorcraft and have never had a problem with them either.

Reply to
AZGuy

Thanks for the replies. I think I will try the Delco Platinums. That is probably what the truck came with and they seemed to work good for the last

100,000 miles so a new set should last another 100,000.
Reply to
Daryl