Where to get window lift parts for a 1988 New Yorker ?

Last time I tried to get parts at the local dealer I was pretty much outta luck. Car too old, local parts stores could not provide a rebuilt part that worked the way it should.

This time around plastic track with gear slots cut into it that moves the window glass up and down has broken in two. Where is the best place, local or internet to get this part (new, not used, can be aftermarket as long as it is not junk) ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Stone

That part is available from the dealer and I would recommend you replace it with a new part. Plastic gets brittle as it ages and I couldn't see installing a used part from a junk yard to have it break again. The part is about $30

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

NAPA Balkamp no. 665-1492. If your local NAPA hasn't got it on the shelf, they can order it for you. Cost should be a little under $20. Will it be junk? Well, no more so than the original!

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern