2000 GC HVAC Fan only works on High

Hello, I have seen this posted before but cannot find it now. A friend has a

2000 GC 3.8l auto, and the HVAC blower will not come on unless it is set to high, none of the lower speed settings work. He was asking what the possible causes were and if it was easy to fix. The he thinks rear blower control is working right. Any help is appreciated.
Reply to
Mike

I know nothing of the GC, but in general with vehicles, a blower motor that runs on high speed only means the speed control resistor pak is burnt up. Often it is because the blower motor is wearing out and is pulling too much current. You could try replacing just the resistor pak, but if the new one blows in a few days or weeks, then you would need to replace the blower motor (and the resistor pak one more time).

Bill Putney

Thanks Bill, I will forward this on to my friend Monday. Hopefully it helps him.

Reply to
Mike