2001 PT Cruizer CD/Radio

Anyone have any tips on a good replacement the radio/CD that came with the car?

I have several problems with the factory one. If I have the band set to AM when I turn off the car, the time goes back to 12:00 and the stations that were on go away and it is on the station 530 AM. All the presets remain so I just have to turn the volume back up, punch one of the presets and reset the time. Annoying. The scan also seems to stick sometimes. I go to scan past some stations and even though it flashes and looks like it is trying to scan, it just stays on the same station. Also annoying.

I'd like to have one that plays MP3 discs along with CDs and/or an AUX plug. Is there a good after market one that fits exactly in the spot?

Reply to
Just Me (remove

Is there a good after market one that fits exactly in the spot?

No.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Ralph Shapiro

Montag, 7. November 2005 12:33 Richard wrote in rec.autos.makers.chrysler:

I disagree here ... running a Blaupunkt Travelpilot DXR-52 in my 2001 PT. It did fit perfectly ... german specs though ... Talk to you later ... Hans from Germany

Reply to
Hans Muecke