2005 PT Turbo - Leather considerations

Have ordered a 2005 PT Turbo. Initially the dealer tried to sell me on exterior protection which I declined due to the fact I regularly wash and wax /detail my vehicles. Dealer agreed. My salesperson also asked about inside protection for the leather. One time charge of $99. guarantted for I think 5 years.. What is it? Something like scotchgarding I am thinking but ??. TIA _Fred

Reply to
Frederick Pileggi

No such thing; a fraud! A treatment is applied at the point of the creation of the leather to protect it from UV, etc. Just keep it clean and avoid harsh chemicals at all costs.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

It's a rip off and just an item for the dealer to get a few bucks. They all try to sell this interior and exterior protection.

Reply to
CopperTop

Why don'tcha ask them what they're going to use?

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

They just send it out to be done... I've already decided that its not worth pursuing or getting. I'll just use a good leather treatment twice a year or so. _Fred

Reply to
Frederick Pileggi

I love these salespeople, after the new-car salesman and I agreed on a deal, I had to see the next one, turned out to be a woman who was in charge of selling me "add-ons". The original salesman is telling me what a wonderful car it is, now this one is telling me how piss-poor the finishes are on new cars, and specifically this one too, and how I need these interior and exterior protections.

After 10 mins of arguing with me, she finally gave up and tried to sell me the rest of the stuff. I had to say "No" about a dozen times to be done with her.

These "treatments" are either worthless, or you can do the same with stuff available in auto parts stores. Because you are feeling that ache in the pit of your stomach, "I just made a major investment," they are preying on you to do anything to protect it. Of course they pressure you with "you have to do it now, before you take possession.

If I had it to do over again, I would simply say, "The finish is that bad? Maybe I shouldn't buy the car if that's true!"

Stand firm, and remember, "NO!"

SRG

Reply to
SRG

It's pure profit for the dealer, of course.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez