95 Concorde

I have a 95 Concorde with the 3.5. It has been a very good car for me. However in the winter it has started to take longer to crank than it should before it starts. I don't think it has set a trouble code. Where should I start looking? Thanks Smitty

Reply to
Smitty

Check the fuel pressure at the fitting ont he front/center of the fuel rail. You'll probably find that its leaking down overnight. My 93 is doing the same, but I haven't yet determined if its a fuel pump check valve, a leaky injector, or a leaky fuel pressure regulator. Any of those will cause pressure leak-down without an external fuel leak. Only a leaking injector is potentially harmful to the engine, the other two possibilities are just an annoyance.

Reply to
Steve