95 neon weekend anti-theft

I have a 95 2 door Neon that is going to be left in the driveway for the weekend while I am out of town. Now there has already been attempts to steel the car within the last two weeks, and I am looking for some ideas to prevent this while I am gone for the weekend. The previous attempts where halted by the fact that this car was parked between the garage and my other car and the people attempting to steel it did not have enough room to get the car out. (But oh did they try) Nothing like finding it almost completely sideways in the drive way. Unfortunately I am unable to put the car in the garage for the weekend, and I will be using the other car, so I am looking for some ideas to make sure there is still a car in the driveway when I get back from the weekend. I have considered removing the entire steering wheel.( This would be way too much effort on my part, but it would be funny) Any ideas? Mike E-mail at mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Reply to
Mike

Jack Pucci

Take 1 or more wheels off? Remove the battery? Leave it at an airport parking lot?

Where d'you live anyway. Part of what City, roughly? Just curious. Sounds like a hard-up place.

Reply to
JBloggs

BZZZTTT!

Any piece of cheap vacuum hose will take the place of the coil wire. (Easy bar bet for free beer!)

Take the ROTOR!

Reply to
Hank

It is funny, you ask, as I live in a newer part of Woodbridge. Figured that by moving outside of the city (Toronto), that I would be away from this stuff. I have known from past experience with another car in another town, that if they try once and fail, they will be back in time and try again. I am thinking that I will take the two front tires off the car, and also the shifter. I am going to be returning from the weekend with a short shifter for the car anyway. Hard to drive a standard with no shifter.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Removing parts from the Neon won't stop the thieves, these cars have got valuable in the last few years to the kids who like to rice them up. (I call it "uglifying them") If they can get the car freed up they will tie a rope to it and tow it off.

Your best bet is to put in some outdoor motion-sensitive lights, some pointed at the car and others pointed at the driveway, and get an alarm system for the car itself.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt