Replacing time belt on 91 Ply Acclaim: How difficult

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone has ever replaced the timeing belt on a Mitusbushi V-6, the engine in my 91 acclaim. If so is it difficult, any special tools required>

Don

Reply to
D.Posehn

It really is not that bad. Just time consuming.

1.) Take off all belts. 2.) Support engine with a jack. 3.) Remove engine mounts. 4.) Remove A/C compressor and bracket (wire compressor out of the way) 5.) Remove P/S pump, and move out of way 6.) Remove harmonic balancer 7.) Remove timing cover 8.) Align timing marks on engine (use crank bolt to turn engine by hand) 9.) Remove timing belt. 10.) Might as well replace your water pump since it is very accessibl at this time. 11.) Installation is reverse of removal. However, before you put the timing cover back on, I would crank the engine over by hand a few times to make sure that the timing marks still line up.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Schoell