'99 Intrepid - turn signal cam

I need to change the turn signal cam in my '99 Intrepid. Does anyone have instructions for the procedure? My biggest concern with this repair is that I want to make sure that I've disabled the air bag system properly. I've heard that all I have to do is disconnect the battery and that will do it. Is this correct?

Reply to
Randy

There is no cam. Are you referring to the multifunction switch? 1.. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post 2.. Remove tilt lever. 3.. Remove both upper and lower steering column shrouds. 4.. Remove multi-function switch mounting screws and connectors Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
maxpower

Yes, I suppose I am referring to the multifunction switch. I assummed that there was some sort of cam in there that holds the signal switch in place during a turn. When I signal to the right, the signal switch has to be held there while when turning left the switch works normally. Does this mean I have to change out the whole multifunction switch?

Reply to
Randy