Chrysler vs. DeLorean - which car is better for time-travel???

I've just developed the flux capacitor and I want to install it in a car.

Should I use the classic DeLorean as Doc Brown did or should I use a Chrysler instead?

What do you think?

Reply to
Ed Zagmoon

I have a very good suggestion for where you can put your flux capacitor...

Honu

Reply to
Hertz_Donut

if you can find a delorean it is still an excellent choice, if not I would go with a PT cruiser.

Reply to
Max Power

Naa stick it in a Crossfire...those pieces of shit gotta be useful for SOMETHING.

Reply to
Yabahoobs

If you're planning on travelling *back* in time, then you should use a vehicle of any make from no later than 4 years before the year you'll be visiting. That way, once you get when you're going, you can drive around without detection.

If you're going *forward*, it doesn't really matter. Use something current and when you get then, you'll just be driving an old car.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Unless you want to spend the next five years finding a DeLorean I'd go with a Chrysler. The Chrysler 300 has gun-slit windows, making it hard to see inside, offer plenty of interior space, and they are readily available. Plus they have a kind of timeless look about them and wouldn't look too anachronistic back in the mid-sixties or later.

Reply to
powrwrap

Well... it sorta does matter. No one on the planet will be driving a Camry, Accord, Civic, etc. 40 years from now or will even remember them, but there'll probably be quite a few slant-6 Valiants running around. ;-)

Reply to
Steve

Neither.

Use a 1983 Corvette.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I think the stainless steel construction of the DeLorean is important for proper flux dispersal. So I would use that instead of the Chrysler, unless you can make a quick trip to Philadelphia when the Budd Company is still in business for the proper retrofitting.

Reply to
Greg Houston

Stainless steel is a lousy electrical conductor compared to regular automotive steel. If you need a good conductor for flux dispersal, use a Valiant. If you need an insulator, use a Corvette. A DeLorean is neither a good conductor nor a good insulator (nor a good car, but I digress).

Reply to
Steve

Yes, good for going back, especially. You're already about 50 years back just looking at it.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Try an iCar and sell the idea to Steve Jobs. Look at him this Tuesday at MacWorld Expo; he may already have used your invention and you can sue him for enough to go to a rest home.

Mac G

You can find a DeLorean easy enough...totally rebuilt ones are still being sold. Do a google.

Reply to
Deke

(snip)

More like 5 seconds.....