Dodge stratus lock system problem

First, the car is a '96 dodge stratus SE Ok, here is my problem, I have a problem on the locking system on this car, I don't know what's it's name is, but I mean when you have to use the remote control supplied with the car to unlock it and be able to start it.

The problem is that the remote is in a very bad shape, I repaired it a lot of times, but this time is really dead. I live in Argentina, and I can't find a place to either change my remote or disable this "feature". So, in a few words, I can't use my car because of that remote. So, I see two options, first, to buy a new remote somewhere in the world, the question is, where?, any places on the internet?

My second and prefered option would be to disable all this locking system that only brings problems in my opinion. Is there a way to do this?, any places where I can look how to do it?, I'm an electronic engineer, so no problem with electronics. There has to be a way to do it, every official retailer I've asked said they couldn't do it.

Well, that's all, any help that you can provide will be very appreciated. If you need any other data about the model or something just ask. Thank you.

Francisco

Reply to
Francisco