FS 1986 Dodge Aries SE wagon

this car is probably as close a survivor that I know of.

I bought it from the original owner 2 months ago.

the original Goodyear Vector full size spare tire is in the back, never been used.

The owners manual, warranty manual, window sticker and broadcast sheet is in the glove box.

it has a vinyl interior, in very good condition. Headliner could use some tightening, and a couple seams torn in back of drivers seat.

72,000 miles, 2.5 L 4 cylinder, automatic, AM/FM radio, SE package, mechanically sound.

small things that need to be fixed: air conditioning needs charged, power steering resivoir has a small leak, wiper linkage broken.

car has never been wrecked, non smokers,all original paint,very presentable

pics can be seen at

previous owner bought new battery at Wal-Mart a year ago, I bought new tires, and had oil changed approximately 200 miles ago.

car located in SW Arkansas.

asking $1500.00

please repost where needed

870-584-8416, Mark

thanks

Reply to
markansas859

Mark, please don't post for sale ads here, this is not a for sale newsgroup. The people that read this group aren't looking for things to buy. While we make exceptions for the rare classic - like a '60s car - your car isn't rare or a classic. Particularly since your asking $1500 for it - you can well afford an ad in a local paper.

You also didn't put your e-mail address in which is considered bad form for anyone selling anything.

Appropriate places to sell this are:

any of the *forsale* groups like alt.forsale, and misc.forsale.non-computer

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

gee, Ted, sorry........ will not do that again

the car was build when Lee Iacocca was President of Chrysler. I see he is doing commercials for them again.

I did some research, and found a quote from Mr. Iacocca that fits very well

"if a guy is over 25% jerk, he's in trouble. And Henry was 95% jerk"

Ted, are you working to beat Henry Ford II's record??

Reply to
markansas859

No, but you just did.

I would have thought the reception of your spamvertising over in the alt.autos.antique newsgroup would have given you a hint but apparently not.

You have an Ebay account, Mr. I-use-the-same-UID-on-Ebay-that-I-use-on-Usenet and your feedback shows that you have sold a number of things on it, so you know damn well how to sell a car on Ebay. But, do I see a car on sale on Ebay by you? NO! Ever thought of listing your car for $1550? Of course not because you already know that nobody is going to buy it for that.

Since you have bought plenty of things on Ebay you know that an Aries don't go for any 1500. Check out item 4569910175 do you really think your station wagon is going to go for more than that?

Kelly Blue Book for your car, non-functioning A/C, good interior is about $700 you can look it up online at

You have never posted alick before in this newsgroup, never contributed anything. You came here probably thinking we are so Chrysler fanatical that we would be falling all over ourselves to pay double the going rate for your wagon. Now you find out we are just as pragmatic as the next guy and your pissed and disappointed and so your going to be a nasty little boy with your snippy little mouth. Good way to get customers!

Did I insult you in my first response? Hell no! I asked you, politely with a please, to take your advert to a forum that would be more receptive, and gave you several so you didn't even have to stir your lazy ass to bother looking for one. But rather than spend the time digging up one of the multitude of car-for-sale-online places you chose instead to waste your time scratching up some 20 year old quote from a guy that has been on the golf course for the last decade, in one of the most lamest attempts to make a flame I've seen.

The fact that one of the most pathetic flamers I've seen in a long time as even tried to flame me is far more insulting than the miserable excuse for a flame that you spewed forth. Man o Man I knew I've been out of the game for a long time, but I must really be rusty if a lame flamer like you thinks you have a chance of a shot at me.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

It was a weak flame job. It's true that this car really doesn't qualify as 'antique', but since it's almost 25 years old it'll soon be regarded as a 'classic' car. However, as far as value, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it, whether $500 or $5,000. Hell, I've seen Pacers go for $1500 on Ebay!

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

Yes, But Pacers are worth it!

Reply to
David

I was afraid someone was going to say that...! I must admit, at one point in muy life I owned a Gremlin....then smashed it up and found a Hornet, so I combined the two cars into one, called it a Gremnet. I put Hornet and Gremlin emblems on it. I'm not kidding, I really did this, wish I had a pic of the thing.

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:15:51 -0500, "Terry" puked:

I was at Disney a year or two ago, and parked about as close as you could get to the main entrance was a BEAUTIFUL green Gremlin. It was clearly restored and looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

I guess there's been enough time for the healing if I could call that sucker beautiful...

lab~rat

Do you have a pic of it? It's funny, if you see a Gremlin or other AMC car at a car show, they invariably attact a lot of attention...people like something that looks different, I guess...Back in the '80s I had a friend who had a nice v8 in a Hornet wagon, it was a 360 or 401 or whatever the big AMC v8 was back then. The car was incredibly fast, not bad looking either! I wanted to do a conversion like that until one day I saw a '68 Camaro RS for sale on the side of the road, I bought it on the spot 'and the rest is history.'

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:32:15 -0500, "Terry" puked:

Nah, but come to think of it, I had my camera and should have snapped a shot...

Look at the bright side, all the money you saved on cheap Chevy parts could add up and you could eventually afford to spend a mint tracking down those impossible to find Hornet fenders and emblems. ;)

lab~rat

I think I've admitted this before on one of the ng's, I STILL HAVE some gremlin and hornet emblems, I should put them on Ebay....

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

{SNIP}

As soon as I received my licence, I saw a beautiful dark green metallic Gremlin X fell in love with it, but the engine was shot, so I couldn't afford to put the money into it if I had bought it. AMC was at the styling pinnacle for Domestics in the 70's, My uncle had a Matador, and the coolest car to me was the fishbowl with the v-8.

Reply to
David

on ebay this week, ends thursday

reserve is less than buy it now

markansas859

AH, brings a smile to my face to here others actually admit that AMC might have made a decent car or two. I have two Javelins that I'm trying to turn into one in the garage right now and hope to eventually find a V8 Hornet Like the one you mentioned. When I was getting old enough to think about driving, it was the two seater AMX that made me drool.

Mark R

Reply to
Mark R

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:57:11 -0500, "Mark R" puked:

A buddy of mine had a 1968 AMX he bought as an investment. It deteriorated in his garage. I think we all know the moral of this story...

lab~rat

I've always liked Javelins, a LOT of people do, they get a lot of attention at the car shows I go to. Finding a v-8 Hornet might be really difficult, you might have to find a good 6 cylinder Hornet (now and then a good ones comes up on Ebay, and they usually are inexpensive) and swap in a v-8. Good luck with these projects...

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

All you need to do is travel back in time. Back in '74 0r '75 a neighbor brought home a new light blue 2-door Hornet with the 304 V-8. A couple of years later he traded it in on a full size Pontiac...

-'dreas

Reply to
dreas

Hmm, interesting, maybe there are more of them around then I thought... I've seen some v8 gremlins but not hornets...

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

I don't see too many AMC's around here. This is more of a Ford and Dodge kind of town. I see a lot of Darts and Falcons and the occasional 60's Valiant and Comet, or even 70's Mavericks.

70's Dusters are conspicuous by their absence, but I did see a '72 Javelin last night stuck together with lots of bondo and just begging to have the bodywork and paint completed...

My car is about the rarest. It's a '68 Montego Coupe. There's only one other similar to it in town, but I did see a black convertible once or twice driven by a very old lady. There's one '69 coupe out there, and I once several years ago saw a '68 four door in a dealer's lot. I wanted to buy it, but it was already sold. I'd like to find that elusive '68 wagon for camping trips and strapping the canoe to the roof. I bet there are two or three of them out there still in running conditon somewhere between British Columbia and Florida...

Eventually that V-8 Hornet will turn up just like that '78 Porsche 928 in great condition with a five speed that I'm looking for will...

-'dreas

Always too many cars, always too little money.

Reply to
dreas

Amen!

Mark R